Meet Kevin Herchen, an award winning singer/songwriter from Rhode Island
Kevin was born and raised in Rhode Island. He was named the winner of the 2015 Rhode Show Big Break Contest. He has opened for Big & Rich, Kip Moore, Matt Stell and has played shows in Nashville, Chicago, Phoenix, Long Beach, and all over New England. Herchen was on The 2017 Newport Country Fest bill and his band played the Xfinity Center before Toby Keith took the main stage and the 2019 Washington County Fair.
In 2016, Kevin was named to Nashville’s Songwriters Association “Ones to Watch” list and nominated for New England Male Artist of the Year. This talented singer/songwriter even got to sing on stage with Cole Swindell at Loretta’s Last Call following Cole’s House of Blues show!
Playing guitar has been a long time love for Kevin. He has literally been playing guitar since before he could spell it. In 2018 Herchen recorded a 5 song EP in Nashville. Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Brantley Gilbert, John Mayer, Eric Clapton, Jackson Browne and Bruce Springsteen are among some of his biggest influences. His mantra is Live & Love.
Hear Herchen Here
Kevin’s vocals are strong and smooth, and his writing draws you in emotionally in his brand new song called, “Best One (The Paint Song).” Push play and listen here:
- All-time favorite country song: Garth Brooks, “The The Thunder Rolls.”
- Favorite country concerts: Jason Aldean, Country Fest at Gillette, Dierks Bentley, Chris Stapleton, Darius Rucker
- Special talents: Whistling, writing poetry (not at the same time), and excellent penmanship!
- Passions: Huge sports guy. Red Sox fan, season ticket holder. If he wasn’t a singer he’d be a starting pitcher for the Boston Red Sox (dream job #2)
- Fun Facts: Kevin loves to travel and loves everything chocolate! As a kid, he worked at the Warwick Musical Theater and got to see some legendary acts like Vince Gill and Brooks and Dunn
Communicate with Kevin
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing Kruser at firstname.lastname@example.org