It’s National Peanut Butter Day: Celebrate With Fun Facts And Recipes
I’m a person who can’t live without peanut butter. It’s part of my everyday life. It’s breakfast, with a banana. And it truly makes me happy. But I know the world is divided right now, and probably always will be… when it comes to peanut butter. Hey, did you know it’s National Peanut Butter Day? Celebrate with fun facts and recipes, here!
Before we get to it, I have to ask, because it’s been a longstanding debate: Crunchy or smooth? This is where America draws the line. So, which side are you on? Take a side, grab a container of your favorite peanut butter and let’s find out more about one of America’s favorite foods.
I never actually thought about it, but it take a LOT of peanuts to make a jar of our fave spread on bread. 540 pounds to be exact, as you can see in the post below. And apparently East Coast goes smooth. Not this East Coast girl. I’ve been going crunchy my whole life and I’m not changing for anyone. Only in desperate situations would I go for the smooth, or creamy, pb.
Happy National Peanut Butter Day!— Only In Boston (@OnlyInBOS) January 24, 2022
It takes about 540 peanuts to make a twelve ounce jar of peanut butter.
People living on the East Coast generally prefer creamy peanut butter, while those on the West Coast prefer the crunchy style.
Have a nice day.
Peanut butter is so versatile! Spread it on a carrot or celery. It’s so good on an apple. Or how about dipping a piece of chocolate into it. After all, that’s how Reece’s Peanut Butter cups came to be. Pair it with fluff for a New England tradition, the fluffernutter. Go classic with jelly or go natural with honey to add some sweet to your salt. And hey, did you know that Marshmallow fluff was invented in Somerville, MA? The origins of it actually go way back to 1917. Before WWI, a Somerville MA man named Archibald Query had apparently been making it in his own kitchen. He sold it door to door until the shortages from the war forced him to shut it down. Luckily it was picked up by another couple of local guys.
Peanut Butter Fun Facts:
(From: The National Peanut Butter Board)
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- By law, any product labeled “peanut butter” in the United States must be at least 90 percent peanuts.
- The average person will eat almost 3,000 PB&Js in their lifetime, according to a 2016 survey by Peter Pan Simply Ground Peanut Butter.
- The average adult eats a PB&J three times a month.
- The Huffington Post once asked, “What makes the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Results show: 36% say strawberry jam is favorite (grape is 31%); favorite bread is white bread (54%); favorite type of peanut butter is smooth (56%) and a whopping 80% like their PB & J with the crust left on the sandwich.
- Two peanut farmers have been elected president of the USA – Virginia’s Thomas Jefferson and Georgia’s Jimmy Carter.
- Former President Bill Clinton says one of his favorite sandwiches is peanut butter and banana; also reported to have been the favorite of Elvis “the King” Presley.
Check out THESE delicious recipes from delish.