Meet: Ayla Brown and Rob Bellamy from Weymouth
Their story is as good as their songs. It took country music, and thousands of miles, to bring these two former Massachusetts college athletes together, in song and life. It was in Nashville, pursing their music careers, that these two artists became a twosome, but it was in moving back home that this twosome became a duo. Ayla moved back in December of 2018 to join our “band,” co-hosting the Country 102.5 morning show, now with Jonathan Wier. Getting up at the crack of dawn hasn’t slowed down her music career, though. She and boyfriend, Rob, have been busy making new music and gigging whenever possible. Like all musicians and performers, right now, they are off the road, and staying at home, but really looking forward to being able to get back on stages and in clubs across the country.
The blending of these two voices seems ideally matched. His grit compliments her polish… his salty to her sweet. All that flavor is evident in a brand new song they wrote while being quarantined during the current pandemic, called “You Got Me.” Ayla and Rob are undeniably on a path of their own to establish their sound. And the ride down this road sure sounds like it’ll be fun!
In February of 2019 Ayla and Rob visited the studio to share some of their music. Here, they dig deep, with the well-constructed and emotional, “Built That Way”
All Things Ayla and Rob
- How would you describe your sound: Country/Americana. Rob is the grit of the vocal and Ayla is the soul
- Biggest influences: Rob -Chris Stapleton, Eric Church, Lumineers, Mumford & Sons. Ayla- Celine Dion, Brandi Carlile, Miranda Lambert and Holly Williams
- Which artist was the most fun that you opened for: Ayla- Some of the legends like Charlie Daniels, Loretta Lynn, Josh Turner. Rob-Devin Dawson, Russell Dickerson
- All time favorite country song: Ayla- can’t even choose! Rob- Anything Chris Stapleton
- Current favorites on Country 102-5: Carly Pearce, Jordan Davis
- Day jobs: Ayla- Country 102.5 morning show co-host and travel agent. Rob= full time musician
- Most proud moment: Singing at the winter Olympics, at the Grand Ole Opry, with the Boston Pops, and Monday Night Football (Ayla)
- Fun facts: Rob played 7 years of minor league hockey, all around the country and even overseas in England. Ayla also played basketball at Boston College
Get Social With Ayla and Rob
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing Kruser at firstname.lastname@example.org