Meet Rory Scott from Laconia, NH
There’s likely not a lot of road Rory Scott hasn’t covered. He’s been playing around New England, collecting awards, and winning over fans for some time. His talent and drive has made him one of New England’s most sought after artists.
With his signature “whiskey gravel” voice, Rory relays his story in a smooth and confident way. It’s almost familiar, even if you’ve never heard him sing. His lyrics are relatable and delivered with a ease, making you trust in this songwriter’s message.
Rory Scott Sings
Take a listen to Rory’s new song, “Get Me Drunk”
Back in October of 2019, Rory paid a us a visit and performed a couple of songs. The second song was “Get Me Drunk,” which he had just written in Nashville. He talks about it here and performs it live!
- From: New Hampshire
- Grew up in: Pentacook, NH
- Now lives in: Lanconia, NH
- Current single: “Get Me Drunk”
- What lead you to music: I started singing cadence when I was in Navy boot camp
- How old when you started: 17 years old
- First country song you learned: “The Gambler” – Kenny Rogers
- Instruments played: Acoustic guitar
- How would you describe your sound: A little all over the map, king of a blend betwen Kip Moore and Bob Seger, with a tad of Luke Bryan
- Who inspires you: Right now, Old Dominion and Kip Moore- such great writers
- Awards/accolades: New Hampshire Country Music Association Male Vocalist of the Year, Male Entertainer of the Year. Northeast Invitational Male Vocalist of the Year. North American Country Music Association Male Entertainer of the Year
- Dream duet partner: Faith Hill
- All- time favorite country song: “When You Say Nothing At All” -Keith Whitley
- First country concert: Eric Church
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: “One of Them Girls”- Lee Brice, “What’s Your Country Song”-Thomas Rhett, “Hard Days”-Brantley Gilbert
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Getting into trouble
- Day Job: Contractor
- Most proud moment: Raising three boys. Too many to write down
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: Winning a national award in Tennessee
- Other things you like to do: I love movies and Disney World
- Fun facts: Jack Honey is my favorite pre-show drunk. I crack my knuckles. I have major FOMO issues. lol
- Mantra: You only live once
Rory Scott on Social
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing Kruser at email@example.com