* Names: Cody Bondra and Tyler Morris
* Band name: Bondra & Morris
* From: CODY- Avon, CT. TYLER- Newton, MA
* Current single: Fallin’ For You
* What lead you to music: CODY: I always loved music, but started late. I had horrible stage fright and my dad used to have me sing karaoke with him. TYLER: When I was 4 years old, I strated to sneak downstairs to hear my dad’s band practice. I was so enthralled with it that he began to tune my guitar to open tuning and had me strum along. My first show that I played was by accident when I was discovered in a guitar store by the director of B.B. King’s band. He invited me to sit in with them that same night in West Palm Beach, FL
* How old when you started: CODY-22. TYLER- 10 (I started to learn guitar by ear)
* First country song you learned: CODY- “Anything But Mine” by Kenny Chesney.” TYLER- “Camouflage” by Brad Paisley
* Instruments played: CODY (lead vocals) Guitar, Piano. TYLER (lead guitar) Guitar, vocals, piano, bass, anything with strings, keys
* How would you describe your sound: Southern Rock mixed with Americana. Modern, lots of energy and guitar, while paying homage to our traditional country, rock and blues roots
* Who inspires you: CODY- My parents and my fiance. But musically Keith Urban, Jimmy Buffet, Bon Jovi. TYLER- Keith Urban. Everything he puts out is so unique and catchy. As a guitarist, I have great respect and love for Eddie Van Halen. Some of my personal mentors who inspire and encourage me are Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Elliot Easton (The Cars), and Orianthi.
* How did you get your name: We both have solo careers so we just combined the names. Originally we started out with a different name, but after listening to some Brooks & Dunn, we changed our name to combine our last names.
* Awards/accolades: Tyler has been nominated twice for a Grammy Award. First round Grammy nominations were for Best Rock Album 2018 and 2020. Three of his albums debuted on the Billboard Blues Chart at #3 #8 and #9. Also received a New England Music Award nomination and international nominations.
* Dream duet partner: CODY- Paul McCartney. TYLER- Steven Tyler. I have been fortunate enought to meet him many times, growning up around Boston. And the next time I see him I am going to to ask him to be on our next single.
* All- time favorite country song: CODY- Too many to name! But I love Lanco’s newest single “Low Class Lovers.” TYLER- “Wild Hearts” by Keith Urban, “Dust on the Bottle” from David Lee Murphy, and “Wine, Beer Whiskey” by Little Big Town
* First country concert: CODY- Kenny Chesney 2005. TYLER- Keith Urban, followed by Jimmie Allen and Chris Stapleton at the Grammy Awards last year in Las Vegas
* What songs do you like now on Country 1025: CODY-I love the new Brett Young song “You Didn’t” and The new Morgan Wallen stuff is great. TYLER- “5 Foot 9” by Tyler Hubbard
* If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: CODY- Either a hockey player or a bronco rider. TYLER- I own a company that makes guitar effects for clients like Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Brian May (Queen) Conan O’Brien and others. I would dedicate more time to building and innovating in my engineering business.
* Day Job: TYLER- I am an electrical engineer for a government contractor
* Most proud moment: CODY-Proposing to my fiance. TYLER- When I jammed with Cody for the first time and knew that I had finally found a songwriting partner and fellow musician who was as dedicated as I was to getting this project out there and helping others through our music.
* Crazy thing that happened in your music career: CODY-Opening for Lauren Alaina and having one of my high school teachers be in the second row. TYLER- When I met John Mayer for the first time to shake his hand, and he responded “Are you Tyler?” It turned out he was a fan of my videos and had even seen some of my guitar effects I had made. The next day I saw Elton John, Lady Gaga, Don Rickles and Bob Newhart at the same restaurant, which caused Getty and TMZ to take some embarrassing photos of me exiting the restaurant.
* Other things you like to do: CODY-Surf, play hockey and write. TYLER- golf in the warm season in New England. I would love to visit Europe again soon, as I am a big fan of history,e xpecially European history.
* Fun facts: CODY- I love black and white movies. I almost lost my ring finger in a hockey skate accident. I won a semi-pro football championship on a dare from a podcast. TYLER- Purple is my favorite color, I hate tomatoes and I collect cool chains and jewelry.
Mantra: CODY-You can always work harder. TYLER- “Keep the Faith” (Jon Bon Jovi)