Meet Lexi Zarozni from Shrewsbury MA!
Country music has been a part of Lexi’s life for as long as she can remember. The 20 year old college student has fond memories of sitting in the car with her mother, listening to Country 1025 and being inspired by the music. She says it’s the beautiful messages and the stories in the music that hooked her in, and made her a country music fan.
Zarozny first started singing when she was just 6 years old. She has been learning to play guitar, while continuing to write songs and work on her vocals. Lexi has even enlisted the help of another Local Catch featured artist (last week), Whitney Doucet, as a vocal coach. Lexi’s love of writing is driving her and she can’t wait to get back to connecting with fans!
Asked to describe her sound, Lexi responded, “I like to think of it as upbeat and bass-driven country music.”
Listen To Lexi
Here’s Zarozny’s single, “Highway”
Lexi visited the station back in 2017 and performed the song live!
Zoning In On Zarozny
- What lead you to music: I have always loved country music for as long as I can remember. It was always my way of understanding why certain things happen in life, good or bad. I started taking singing lessons at the age of six and instantly fell in love. For many years, I had stage fright and never sang for an audience. When I was 16, I finally pushed myself to perform at Faneuil Hall in Boston. It was the best decision I have ever made and I am still performing today.
- How old when you started: I stared singing lessons when I was six and began performing at 16
- How would you describe your sound: My music has a very modern country pop sound to it. I only have one song currently released but there is much more to come. I am excited to show everyone more music!
- Who inspires you: Kelsea Ballerini and Maren Morris inspire me the most as far as country music. Another person that has always inspired me is Walt Disney. I have always loved his mindset of “If you can dream it, you can do it”. He was never afraid to chase a dream no matter how crazy it seemed to anyone else
- Awards/accolades: New England Country Music Organization – Female Vocalist of the year. Nominated for numerous Worcester Music Awards (Award show has been postponed until further notice)
- Dream duet partner: Kelsea Ballerini!
- All- time favorite country song: “Music is Healing”by Florida George Line, “Square Pegs” by Kelsea Ballerini
- First country concert: Keith Urban
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: “Nobody But You” – Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani. “Lonely If You Are” – Chase Rice, ” Homemade” – Jake Owen, and “Homecoming Queen?” by Kelsea Ballerini
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: I would be working within the music industry pursuing digital marketing and music production
- Day Job: Currently a full time college student!
- Most proud moment: When I was able to overcome my stage fright. If that day did not happen, I could still be terrified of performing. I am so thankful I was able to overcome my fear
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: Another artist and I got asked to perform “Somethin’ Bad”(Miranda and Carrie). We usually did that song with a cajon, but did not bring it with us. We ended up singing it acapella using our hands and feet as the instruments
- Fun Facts: I am really good with editing and anything digital, I used to play volleyball when I was younger, My favorite ice cream is cookie dough
Looking For Lexi?
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing Kruser at email@example.com