Meet Amber Eyes from Boston
Jillian Jenson, lead singer of Amber Eyes, grabs your attention from note one. Her energy, her passion, her growl, her tone… all beg for you to listen to what she has to say. A seasoned performer and music competition competitor, she has certainly learned how to command an audience and get noticed. And now, people are noticing her as the frontperson of a country band.
Performing was always a part of Jensen’s life, and since age 17 she’s been able to make a living as a musician. Crowned Miss Massachusetts Teen America in 2007, Jillian went on to compete in the X-Factor, making top 24 there, and American Idol, ranking in the top 30. She went on to do public speaking, championing causes like anti-bullying, eating disorders, self-harm, suicide and others.
An artist with a ability to light up a room and fire-up a stage with her talent and passion, Jillian enlisted a couple of friends to join her in her quest to fulfill her dream of having a country band. A couple years in, they have released their debut self-titled album that placed nationally on the Top 100 Country Charts. The band is back working in the studio and getting ready to release their sophomore project.
All Ears On Amber Eyes
Take a listen to this song, we ALL need to here right now… “I’m Not Adulting Today”
Look Into Amber Eyes
- How did you get your name: It was originally what Jillian changed her stage name to at the end of 2017/beginning of 2018. Then when she formed the band in September of 2018 the band took on the name as their own!
- How did you come together and when: Jillian grew up singing country and jazz, but always felt at home in the country world. Upon moving back to Massachusetts from Los Angeles at the end of August 2018, she told best friend Mike Dettorre that she wanted to fulfill her life long dream of having a country band and the two found Davis and the rest was history.
- Band members: Jillian Jensen: lead vocals and acoustic guitar, Andrew Davis: bass guitar and backing vocals & Mike Dettorre: drums and backing vocals.
- Hometowns: Jillian Jensen: Rochester, MA – Mike Dettorre: Beverly, MA – Andrew Davis: Fall River, MA
- How would you describe your sound: It’s country rock with an Americana twist.
- Biggest influences: Johnny Cash, The Chicks, Old Dominion & Zac Brown Band
- All time favorite country song: We LOVE covering “Get Along” by Mr. Kenny Chesney
- Current favorites on Country 1025: “I Hope” – Gabby Barrett, obviously “Get Along” – Kenny Chesney and “The Bones” – Maren Morris
- Day jobs: Two of us work 9 to 5’s on top of gigging and two of us also teach private music lessons along with it all. We juggle a few hats.
- Most proud moment: Being on stage opening up for Old Dominion back in May of last year (2019) at the Bank Of New Hampshire Pavilion!
- Craziest thing that happened in your music career: Honestly, probably getting a tweet back right away from Old Dominion (thanks Matthew Ramsey) asking if we wanted to open for them in New Hampshire. We got to hang with the guys until about 2am and they really treated us all like family.
See Amber Eyes
- October: We will be playing again at the Burtwood School Of Performing Arts out on the patio in October (date TBD). These concerts are to help raise money for the school to keep it up and running during these crazy times and the crowd is always so wonderful and so supportive! (Check social for updates)
Follow Amber Eyes
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org