Like so many things right now, in the middle of a pandemic, everyone is wondering what to do when it comes to trick or treating? Are we allowed to take our kids door to door? Are we allowed to hand out treats?
Every town is different, but this morning the city of Boston made an official announcement. Trick or treating will be permitted. However, the Mayor’s office made it clear, there are guidelines.
Here are a few for those heading out with kids:
Tips for safe trick-or-treating
• Trick or treat only with immediate family members.
• Avoid direct contact with individuals passing out candy.
• Wash hands before handling treats.
• Wear a mask. A costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask.
• Stay at least six feet away from others who do not live with you.
• Bring hand sanitizer with you and use it after touching objects or other people.
For more details and some town info: