Meet Annie Brobst from Danvers, MA
This girl is on fire! The bold, brainy and believable music of Annie Brobst is bringing heat, and sparking interest around the country. The adopted New Englander has released a new album that it burning up the Itunes country albums chart, landing at #2!
Annie’s talent, presence and work-horse ethic has opened doors, roads and ears. Before the pandemic, she traveled all over the country opening for some of our favorite country superstars. She filled venues around New England and collected plenty of awards and accolades along the way.
Brobst has the ability to juggle the sweet and sensitive with the brawny and brash. Much like one of her heroes, Miranda Lambert, there’s a quiet strength and a roaring vulnerability in this singer/songwriter. More so, one of Annie’s greatest assets is her ability to connect with, and engage her audience while performing live. It’s all working for this hardworking artist.. as her army of fans will attest.
From her just released full length sophomore album, “Where We Holler,” take a listen to Annie’s original song. Just push play.
“Ain’t He The Worst”
Here’s more on the album from Annie:
The Buzz On Brobst
- From: Danvers, MA
- Grew up in: Columbus, Ohio
- Current music: Just released our sophomore full album “Where We Holler”, which hit #2 on the iTunes Country Album Charts!
- What lead you to music: I sang since I was younger in school choirs and such. I even sang some national anthems for sports’ games in high school.
- How old when you started: I started singing as early as I could talk, but didn’t start songwriting or doing anything as a band until 2009.
- First country song you learned: You’re Still The One – Shania Twain (I’m taking a guess, but definitely one of those ladies back in the 90s).
- Instruments played: Just my vocal chords!
- How would you describe your sound: I think it’s funny, but accurate, when people say if Miranda Lambert and Jennifer Nettles had a baby it would sound like me. Ha!
- Who inspires you: Miranda Lambert and Ashley McBryde are huge musical inspirations.
- If you are a band, how did you get your name: After leaving my cover bands in 2013ish, we decided to just go under my own name, Annie Brobst.
- 2019 New England Music Awards’ Live Act of the Year Winner
- 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 New England Country Music Local Female Artist of the Year Winner
- 2018 New England Music Awards’ Song Of The Year Winner (for song “Change Of Heart”)
- Dream duet partner: Miranda Lambert! For sure.
- All- time favorite country songs: The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert and Girl Going Nowhere by Ashley McBryde.
- First country concert: Tim McGraw back in Columbus, OH.
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: I’m really loving The Good Ones by Gabby Barrett and How They Remember You by Rascal Flatts.
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Teaching! I was a teacher and a high school sports’ coach for 8 years before I went full time with music.
- Day Job: My own booker, marketer, promoter, graphic designer, and more! LOL.
- Most proud moment: I’d have to say that just happened recently when our album charted at #2 on the iTunes Country Charts with Carrie Underwood and Chris Stapleton. As an independent artist, that’s crazy! Not to mention, it’s an album full of songs written by us! So validating.
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: When we toured to Colorado for a huge festival, Country Jam CO, there was a windstorm so strong that the main stage acts had to postpone and wait until it cleared. Mic stands were flying everywhere!
- Other things you like to do: I love to cook! Red wine and cooking up something delicious and blaring outlaw country is one of my favorite things to do.
- Fun facts: I’m fluent in Spanish. I played college softball. I hate mushrooms!
- Mantra: If you don’t jump, you’ll never know if you can fly. – Miranda Lambert
Annie About Town
- We just announced that we’re bringing back our Mobile Stage House Tour for May, that whole calendar can be found on my website. And May 28th at Breakaway in Danvers, MA is a big, live, in-person, full band parking lot party!
Connect With Annie Brobst
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: email@example.com