Catch Of The Week: Ryan LaPerle
Meet Ryan LaPerle, from Exeter, NH
The voice, the passion, the music… When you see and hear Ryan LaPerle perform, he leaves you with an impression. The impression is thoughtful, intelligent songs delivered with a silky-smooth, smokey voiced intensity. Where does this zeal for music come from? Ryan explained that from a young age, there was “a passion and love for the art, it speaks to me.” The singer/songwriter who now calls Cambridge home, was just 14 years old when he started playing.
You can find Ryan performing regularly at Faneuil Hall, at college campuses across the country and all over clubs in Boston and New England. The popular performer was invited to audition for The Voice on NBC. Describing LaPerle’s sound is challenging, as it encompasses many genres. But think John Mayer and Ray Lamontagne (two of his favorite artists), and you may be on the right track.
- Instruments played: Vocals, guitar, bass, piano, drums
- How would you describe your sound: unique, passionate and raw
- Who inspires you: John Mayer, Jimi Hendrix, NEEDTOBREATHE, Lauv and all the songwriters in the Boston/Nashville community
- Awards/accolades: Was asked to audition for The Voice
- All- time favorite country songs: Hank Williams – I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry / Little Big Town – Girl Crush
- Favorite concert: NEEDTOBREATHE
- What songs do you like now on Country 102.5: Speechless, Girl Crush, Meant To Be & Tequila
- Day Job: Musician / Street Performer
- Most proud moment: leaving my day job to follow music full time (writing my first song)
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: Amanda Palmer tipped me in Harvard Square
- Other things you like to do: go running(Long distance), hiking, paddleboarding and shooting archery
- Fun Facts: I love technology(I’m my parents own genius from a genius bar) / I love finding the truth in history. i.g. out of the 5 riders Paul Reeve didn’t make it to Concord it was Samuel Prescott out of the 5 who made all the way without being captured. I’m a lover of knowledge, I love listening to Podcasts and just soaking up new ideas and facts in life. I make a mean omelette (breakfast, lunch or dinner)
- Mantra: Don’t give up & can’t please everyone
Ryan On The Road
- You can see Ryan regularly at Quincy Hall Marketplace in Boston! Check his website soon for upcoming shows!
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org