Catch Of The Week: Brady Wells
Meet Brady Wells from Holliston, MA
Brady was a high school sports star who found music as means of expression and connection. The 21 year old Wells sought music, not only as a way to communicate, but as a way to escape. The singer/songwriter who now calls Foxboro home said, “music to me, is like the therapy session that I don’t have to pay for. Whenever I’m stressed or down about something I just pick up my guitar and feel at home. It’s also given me an outlet to connect to other people.”
There must have been a platter of musical styles served up in his childhood, because Brady manages to infuse elements of pop, country, jazz and blues in his music. He is a master of the soulful pop ballad, much like Brett Young or Dan + Shay. There’s an aching sensitivity prevalent in his vocal execution. Wells’ phrasing makes you want to follow the story, and his connection to the words he writes makes you believe them. That is a powerful combination, packed with potential to set this young artist up for success.
Take a listen to theses 2 originals from Brady, the meaning behind them and more fun facts about him!
A Bunch Of Brady
- How would you describe your sound: It’s definitely different and unique
- Instruments played: Guitar and drums
- Who inspires you: John Mayer, Chris Stapleton
- Awards/accolades: Nominee for Best local original song, Nominee
for local up and coming artist (local radio awards)
- All- time favorite country songs: Speechless -Dan + Shay , Beautiful Crazy – Luke Combs, Catch – Brett Young
- Favorite country concert: Florida Georgia Line’s Concert over the summer was incredible ( Morgan Wallen, Dan + Shay as well)
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: All to myself – Dan + Shay, Tequilla- Dan + Shay, Beer never Broke my Heart – Luke Combs
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Helping and motivating people through fitness
- Day Job : Sales Consultant
- Most proud moment: Trying out for the show The Voice and making it to a call back audition (2nd round of auditions)
- Other things you like to do: Sports
- Fun facts: I played 5 different sports throughout high school; football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and track
This Way To Wells
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org