Meet Sarah Conway from Walpole
Don’t be fooled by the girl next door exterior… the unaffected sweet, voice of Sarah Conway is a force. This singer/songwriter has something to say, and a voice that makes you want to listen. Growing up in a musical home, Conway has just started performing live in public. She’s a college student raised on Dylan and Sheeran. Considering she has limited experience on a stage, it is quite an accomplishment that Sarah made it to the 2nd round of auditions for NBC’s The Voice.
Remember this voice, and this name… because I have a feeling we will be hearing much more from this impressive young talent, Sarah Conway.
The Scoop On Sarah
- Now lives in: Walpole Massachusetts
- Current single, and or EP or Album: Current single “High Thoughts”
- What lead you to music: I grew up surrounded by music. My family is full of musicians including my mom, my grandfather and my uncles, so I’ve always been singing. When I was 16 I started listening to Ed Sheeran and his music inspired me to learn guitar. I’ve been playing for about 6 years but just recently, within the last year or so, became comfortable playing live!
- How old when you started? 16
- Instruments played: Guitar
- How would you describe your sound: A mix of country and folk
- Who inspires you: So many people! I’m inspired by my mom, my grandfather, Ed Sheeran and Bob Dylan, just to name a few.
- Dream duet partner: Ed Sheeran or Miley Cyrus
- All- time favorite country song: (or songs if you can’t name just one): Tin Man by Miranda Lambert, She’s Got You by Patsy Cline and Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts
- First country concert: Taylor Swift
- What songs do you like now on Country 102.5: The Bones by Marren Morris, I Hope by Gabby Barrett and Homesick by Kane Brown
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: I would still be working and going to school, but my life wouldn’t be as fulfilling!
- Day Job: I’m a babysitter and a barista
- Most proud moment: Being featured on Kruser’s Local Catch!!
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: One of the coolest experiences in my music career was auditioning for The Voice. Though I only made it to the second round, it taught me a lot about myself and it was such a fun experience.
- Other things you like to do: I love being in nature, either going on hikes or walking my dog. I also love to travel I’ve been to Rome, Ireland and California so far and hope to be traveling again this summer.
- Fun facts about you (Like unusual talents or likes): I have a (very loud) coonhound puppy named Parker, I am obsessed with coffee and am always trying out new coffee shops and have two tattoos, the first one is the tree of life and the second is a lavender flower.
- Mantra: Everything happens for a reason
Sarah On Social
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration to be The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org