Catch Of The Week: Sabrina Ponte
Meet Sabrina Ponte from North Reading, MA
Sabrina Ponte is one of those artists who just shines in the glory of the spotlight. Her energy, personality, and enthusiasm instinctively radiate in her music. This singer songwriter, and recent Berklee College of Music grad, comes off as confident and comfortable in that spotlight. Competing in pageants and working in the modeling business certainly has helped to give her performances a polish.
Ponte’s music has a soulfulness, taking influences from pop past and present. She grew up admiring the big voices of country, like Martina McBride, and that comes through in her sound, as well. The former Bruins Ice Girl is cool, calm, collected and seeming compelled to entertain.
Sabrina continues to write and perform, act, and model in Nashville.There is no stopping this talented and driven woman. All the best to her in the Miss Tennessee pageant in June!
- From: North Reading, MA
- Now Lives in: Nashville, Tn
- Current single: “U-Turn”
- What lead you to music: I have always wanted to pursue music, it brings me happiness and has always been something I have connected with
- How old when you started: I started singing in my church choir when I was 5, joined The Young Opera Company of New England at age 10 then went on to graduate Berklee College of Music last year with a bachelor’s in Music Business with a concentration in management and instrument being voice!
- Instruments played: vocalist
- How would you describe your sound: pop country but you can for sure hear other influences, I really think years down the road genres won’t be much of a thing. I am seeing singer-songwriters have so many different influencers and I think it only makes their music better
- Who inspires you: I love Maren Morris and Cassadee Pope. I’m a big Demi Lovato and Ariana Gande fan as well, as a fellow belter I respect what they do so much!
- Awards/accolades: I was Miss Boston for the Miss America Organization, I was the 2016 New England Talent Search winner and most recently just won Miss Music Row 2019 where I also won best talent singing Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing.” I won best interview at both pageants, as well,and will be moving onto the state level to compete for Miss Tennessee in June! Last May I graduated from Berklee College of Music with a degree in Music Business
- Dream duet partner: I would love to belt it out with Martina McBride
- All- time favorite country songs: “Maybe it was Memphis” and “American Soldier” are classics to me, there’s really so many that hit home though!
- First country concert: Taylor Swift, I have been to every one of her tours at Gillette. Luke Bryan I have to say gives a killer show though and I named my car after him!
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: Anything Dan and Shay and “I Hope” by Gabby Barrett
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: I think I would still be in the entertainment industry I have such a love for performing
- Day Job (if applicable): I’m a signed model down in Nashville and there’s a lot of work there, so it keeps me busy! I have been able to be in a lot of music videos, as well, since I have been down here as a model, a dancer, and an actress including Matt Stell and Jimmy Allen’s “Home in a Home Town”
- Most proud moment: Winning Miss Boston still has to be up there for me because it is my home city and at the end of my year I was given the Community Service award for the city of Boston from the Lions Club
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: I just recently hosted for Nashline Country at Country Cares for St. Jude and it was an amazing experience being able to meet and interview artists I love. I was able to interview Lady Antebellum which was incredible being such a huge fan of theirs
- Other things you like to do: Between music, modeling and pageants I have been pretty busy! I really try to write music and dance in my spare time though! I grew up as a dancer and actually was on Boston College’s dance team for a year while at Berklee, so I try to catch a class here and there!
- Fun facts: I’ve won best interview twice at a Miss America local, I’m obsessed with Celine Dion and Nutella, and I was a Boston Bruins Ice Girl!
- Mantra: Create a life you can be proud of! I want to be able to look back and know I lived a full life and gave it everything I had
- 2/8- The Analog in Nashville
- 2/26 and 3/1- The Row in Nashville
- (No New England dates at this time)
Sabrina On Social
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: email@example.com