Brantley Gilbert’s Biggest Hits
Singer, songwriter and producer Brantley Keith Gilbert was born on this day, January 20. in 1985 in Jefferson, Georgia. He was originally signed to Colt Ford’s record label, Average Joes Entertainment, but shortly after signed with the Valory division of Big Machine Records.
Let’s celebrate Brantley’s birthday by taking a look at his biggest hits!
- “Country Must Be Country Wide” – in 2011 Brantley scored his first #1, with the first single off the Halfway to Heaven album
- “You Don’t Know Her Like I Do” – 2012’s second most played song on country radio became Gilbert’s 2nd #1, and was a tribute to his then girlfriend, now wife, Amber
- “More Than Miles”– released in the Fall of 2012, this heartbreaker became a top 7 hit in 2013
- “Bottoms Up”- In April of 2014, Brantley scored his 1st million-selling song with this release. His biggest hit to date, the party-anthem from the sober artist has become his signature song.
- “Small Town Throwdown” – The 2nd single from his 3rd album, Just As I Am, had Brantley collaborating with his friends Thomas Rhett and Justin Moore. It became a top 8 hit in Spring of 2014
- “One Hell Of An Amen” – a #1 hit from 2015, Gilbert was inspired to write this when one of his close friends lost a friend who was like a brother, and had served in our Military.
- “The Weekend” – This summer of 2016 top 7 hit was a first for Brantley. He co-wrote it entirely over the phone. He had never met his co-writer Andrew DeRoberts before their phone exchanges. And didn’t meet until the song was complete.
- “What Happens In A Small Town” – the story goes that wasn’t sure of the song at first, so enlisted the help of songwriters Rhett Akins , Josh Dunne and Brock Berryhill, then went to Scott Borchetta, the head of his label. He asked Borchetta for help in picking a duet partner. He recommended Lindsay Ell, and the rest is top is #1 history.
Thanks for celebrating our Hearts and Strings star’s birthday with me! Don’t miss Brantley livestreamed at country1025.com on February 11th with Justin Moore, Carly Pearce and Riley Green