Meet: The Herland Brothers, an acclaimed 5 piece suburban Boston band who deliver an energetic blend of rock and country!
All 5 of the guys in The Herland Brothers band have been making music since elementary school. Three of them have been doing it together their whole lives because, as the name suggests, they are brothers! Meet all the boys in the band:
- John Herland- lead vocals
- Scott Herland- lead guitar and vocals
- Frank Herland-keyboards, acoustic guitar and vocals
- Cowboy Dan McGrath- bass and vocals
- Dickie Paris- drums and percussion
Collectively, their influences range from current artists like Tim McGraw, Keith Urban and Zac Brown Band, to classic artists like the Eagles and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Wherever the inspiration comes from, one thing is for sure, these boys are bound and determine to have a good time. Over the years, the Herland Brothers have done quite a few gigs with us. They know how to bring the party and energize the crowd, guaranteed!
Hear The Herlands Here
It was great to catch up with the guys in our Country 102-5 studios and hear some brand new cuts from a forthcoming album. The first single, is called "Take Your Time"
Here's another Herland Brothers orginal, "Swept Away." This was just recorded for their upcoming album.
Herland Brothers Banter
- All-time favorite country songs: Tim McGraw- "Live Like You Were Dying," Jason Aldean- "Crazy Town," Eric Church- "Smoke A Little Smoke," Eddie Rabbit-"Driving My Life Away," Keith Urban-"Somebody Like You."
- First country concert: Willie Nelson, Kenny Rogers, Keith Urban, Zac Brown Band, Jason Aldean/Florida Georgia Line
- Currently diggin' on Country 102-5: "Drinkin Problem" by Midland
- Have opened for: Joe Nichols, Jerrod Niemann, Randy Houser, Tyler Farr, Uncle Kracker, Pat Green and Brett Michaels
- Every band member is a big Boston sports fan and enjoy summers in New Hampshire and Maine
Breaking Down The Band
- John: Enjoys all types of music, loves singing, performing live, cold beer, pizza, going to the gym, Celtics, Pats, Pro-wrestling, Motorcycles, Maine, and #Dadlife with Hope Emma Herland
- Scott: Loves playing guitar, gigging, creating original music, camping with the family, fishing, Maine, Celts, Pats, tequila and whiskey
- Frank: Loves music, writing songs, playing gigs, sports, coaching hockey, and spending time with his family. Looking forward to releasing their cd in 2018!
- Dickie: Loves traveling with his family, and listening and playing as much music as possible. Wants to learn a new instrument this year!
- Cowboy Dan: Loves traveling, fishing, cooking and eating great food! Loves watching movies and YouTube. Plans on learning to play some new instruments this year.
Hang With The Herland Brothers
- Saturday February 11- Mixx 360 in Malden 9pm
- Saturday April 28- Capones in Peabody 9pm
- Saturday Cinco De Mayo - Mile Marker One in Gloucester 8pm
- Laconia Bike Week 2018- Laconia Roadhouse, NH(TBA)
- June 29 & 30 - St Peter's Fiesta 2018 - Gloucester House in Gloucester 8pm
Follow The Herland Brothers
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to [email protected].
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!