Catch Of The Week: Stefanie Jasmine
Meet: Stefanie Jasmine, a powerhouse performer from Southern New Hampshire!
Stefanie grew up with country music in her home. Her mother and grandfather instilled in her a love for the genre, beginning at a young age. She found inspiration in hearing Wynonna Judd belt out stories and roar truths through the radio. After some vocal coaching, competitions, and singing with a cover band, Stefanie was ready to take the reigns and front her own band. She has since grown a faithful following and had the opportunity to open for Lee Brice. Lee offered some sound advice which lead to Stefanie writing and recording with Lee’s bassist, Paul Rippee. Paul produced her first single, “Long Gone,” which she co-wrote with her guitarist, Erin Murphy-Dunn. SJ describes her sound as Southern rock/ new country with an edge. One things for sure, Stefanie’s musical moxie is infectious.
Meet the band:
Rob Murphy- Bass
Erin Murphy-Dunn – guitar
John Coviello- drums
Bill Buckley – guitar
Stefanie In Stereo
Stefanie and her guitarist, Erin, plugged in and shared some original music, in our Country 102-5 studios a couple of weeks ago. Take a listen to this acoustic version of “Long Gone”
In this video, Stefanie rocks her original “Reckless”
Take a listen to “Long Gone”- the studio version:
Straight From Stefanie
- Biggest influences: Wynonna, Gretchen Wilson, Shania Twain
- All-time favorite country song: “Good Directions” by Billy Currington
- Favorite country concerts: Dixie Chicks
- First concert: Shania Twain
- If you weren’t a musician…: Real Estate Investing (which she does)
- Most proud moment: Being nominated for a New England Music award
- Crazy thing that happened in your career: While performing, the owner of a bar threw a bar stool through a window!
- Stefanie has a blue belt in Brazillian JiuJitsu
- Has a French Bulldog named Sparty, who she is obsessed with! See him all over her social medial
- Holds a cosmetology license but doesn’t practice (except on herself). Stefanie does her own hair and makeup for photo shoots. (But does get requests to do makeup for weddings a few times a year on Instagram!)
Stefanie On Stage
- Friday, 3/30- Saddle Up Saloon, Kingston, NH
- Friday 4/6- Wally’s Pub, Hampton, NH
- Friday 4/20- Copperhead Saloon, Haverhill, MA
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.