Catch Of The Week: Martin And Kelly
Meet: Martin And Kelly
This duo, this partnership, this collaboration is one that works on so many levels. First and foremost, there is the chemistry. Jilly Martin and Ryan Brooks Kelly both share a love of classic country. They also share a passion for performing, playing and writing. She shines in the light of the stage and he seems to be happy jamming in the shadows or stepping up to soak in some of that light.
Jilly and Ryan’s decision to join their musical talents and musical influences was the right one, no doubt. They compliment each other on stage, and in person. There’s just the right amount of humble and swagger, of know-how and a desire to know more… in their music and performances. This partnership has resulted in Martin and Kelly being one of the country’s most sought-after country acts.
The passion to please and the passion in doing what they love is clear. Martin has the ability to deliver a story with complete honesty, whether it’s a gentle vocal or soaring. Kelly’s guitar skills are skillful, and their harmonies blend seamlessly. All of this, and charm… makes Martin and Kelly a must-see duo!
Martin And Kelly Make Music
Because we can’t get enough, Martin and Kelly were invited back to share their newest music. This infectious song is called “Ride The Ride.”
You are going to love the harmonies in the sentimental, “Art of Goodbye.”
Take a listen to the Martin and Kelly’s single “Like Johnny and June,” which is kind of their story. And hear it on Country 102.5 Thursday 10-18 around 12:30!
The Dope On This Duo
- Name: Martin and Kelly- It’s our last names, and boy can we confuse people with that!
- Currently resides in : Chelmsford, MA and Hudson, NH
- Hometowns: Chelmsford, MA and Hudson, NH
- How did you come together and when: Ryan was putting together an EP and needed a female duet partner for some of the tunes. We started playing shows together shortly after that!
- Band Members and Instruments: Jilly Martin- Lead vocals/ acoustic guitar, Ryan Brooks Kelly- Lead Vocals/Lead Electric and Acoustic Guitar, Kevin Joyce- Drums, Jim Gregoire- Bass Guitar, Mike McAdam- Rhythm Guitar
- How would you describe your sound: Modern twist on Classic Country
- Biggest influences: Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert, Buck Owens, Loretta Lynn and so many more!
- Which artist was the most fun that you opened for: The Oak Ridge Boys! They watched our set and were gracious enough to invite us up to sing “Bobby Sue” with them!
- All time favorite country song (or songs): “Always on My Mind” – Willie Nelson
- Current favorites on Country 102-5: “Millionaire”- Chris Stapleton, “Speechless”- Dan +Shay, “Desperate Man” – Eric Church
- Day jobs: We both do Music full time!
- Most proud moment: After watching our set, having Shay of Dan+Shay ask us if we auto tune ourselves while we sing! Quite the compliment, but it’s all natural harmonies 🙂
- Craziest thing that ever happened in your music career: Getting invited to sing with the Oak Ridge Boys was pretty awesome!
- Fun Facts: Jilly rides horses and would love to competitively, but we just don’t have the time! Ryan collects rare bourbons and loves hunting for them. We both love antiquing on the road
Catch Martin and Kelly Live
- 11/10/18 World Of Beer – West Hartford, Ct
- 11/11/18 The Bull Run in Shirley, opening for Jim Lauderdale
- Every Wednesday at Loretta’s Last Call for Whiskey Wednesday, starting at 7:00pm
The M & K Connection
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, independently brewed in Texas for Boston’s independent spirit. Boston is Shiner country!
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches