Catch Of The Week: Whiskey-6
Meet Whiskey-6 from Boston
This 6 piece band, fronted by Samantha Rae, is one of New England’s hottest live bands right now. They are highly sought after for club gigs and opening slots for major acts coming to the area. Rae is captivating as the lead vocalist, pouring her heart and soul into her performance. Her smooth and smokey vocals are strong and her energy is contagious.
The band behind Samantha is a group of accomplished musicians who’ve been playing around New England for years. When they all come together, it just works. The harmonies are sweet, the delivery sassy, and the vibe is celebratory. This is a band you want to party with. They are hardworking, fun loving people like the rest of us, only they put their feelings to music and belt them out on stage.
Whiskey-6, Take 1
The band paid us a visit to the Country 1025 performance studio to share 2 of their original songs, featured on their EP.
Meet the band and check out “Addicted”
The harmonies and instrumentation in this song will have you saying, “Don’t Stop”
About The Band
- Band members:
Samantha Rae- Lead Singer
George P- Electric Guitar/Vocals
Al Villagracia- Bass
Matt Marcus- Keyboard
Jim DeTore- Acoustic Guitar/Banjo/Pedal Steel
- How did you first come together: A few of us had worked together on separate bands, so we knew each other prior to coming together as a group. After we decided to really gear up for a full country band, we carefully pieced together the remaining members of Whiskey-6, and found a great sound and great people to work with
- How did you get your name: We really thought about this for a while, but there were six of us at the time and we all like whiskey. So it was a no-brainer
- How would you describe your sound: Our sound is the perfect blend of country that rocks, which is our slogan, #countrythatrocks
- Who inspires you: Samantha is inspired by many country rooted artists from Garth Brooks to Shanaia Twain, Maren Morris to Luke Combs, however, she grew up listening to every genre. The boys bring the rock element into our country style. Mainly we are inspired by the people and fans around us. It really helps create and add to our artistry when the love for music is everywhere
- All-time favorite country song: This is a super hard one…
Samantha: Garth Brooks- “Callin Baton Rouge” (I mean it has my name in it, so I belt it out every time)
George: Alan Jackson- “Drive”
Jay: Eric Church- “Some Of It,” and The Band- “The Weight”
Al- Blake Shelton- “God’s Country”
Matt- Zac Brown Band- “Sweet Annie”
Jim- Hank Williams-“I’m So Lonesome”
- Day jobs: Samantha – Horse trainer/instructor/Mom
George- Full time musician
Jay- Senior IT Manager at Tufts Health Care
Al- Maintenance Director at Brookfield Properties
Matt- Senior Analyst for Industrial Economics, Inc
Jim- CFO Consultant
- Most proud moment or moments: Recording and collaborating on our original material. It means the world to play our own music that people really listen to
- Fun facts: Samantha plays some good pranks on the guys! We’ll start to video them all and release some cool bloopers soon!
- Current music: Our current EP is entitled, Party Town and you can get a free download on our site whiskey6nation.com. Soon it will be up on Spotify and Apple Music for everyone!
- 12/27/19- The Berry Tavern in Danvers 8:00 (acoustic)
- 12/28/19- Moonshiners in Haverhill 9:00 (full band)
- 12/31-19- New Year’s Eve at the Grand Pre-Opening Party for Stanzy’s Country Ranch in Peabody 9:00 (full band)
- 1/4/20- Royale in Boston, opening for Parmalee . Tickets here
- 1/11/20- Six String Grill and Bar in Foxboro 8:30 (full band)
- 1/24/20- opening for Locash at Granite State Music Hall
Clicks For Whiskey-6
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org