Meet Liam Coleman from Charlton, MA
This high school senior could school most of us on work ethic, alone. Liam Coleman is a multi-instrumentalist, full time student, and a songwriter and singer. At a time when many 17 years old are enjoying “senioritis,” and just riding along until graduation, Liam is creating, performing and mapping out his musical future, in addition to homework, classes and practice.
Coleman, despite his young age, has been at it for a long time. Drum lessons started in first grade. Then there were family concerts, school jazz band, and playing drums for a popular rock band in high school. All this lead Liam to become the singer and songwriter he is today. Mature beyond his years, disciplined, talented and incredibly focused, this New England artist has what it takes…to take it to the limit.
Fire Up The Coleman
Liam’s deep, rich vocals carry the catchy hooks in his brand new single, “Upside.” The story is simple, honest, age appropriate and relatable.
Push play to listen
Learn About Liam
- Grew up in: Charlton Massachusetts
- Now lives in: Charlton Massachusetts
- Current single: Upside
- What lead you to music: As a small kid I was always singing and dancing around the house with my toy guitars and drums. I always loved listening to all kinds of music
- How old when you started: 6
- First country song you learned: Folsom Prison Blues Johnny Cash
- Instruments played: Guitar, drums, ukulele, harmonica, vocals
- How would you describe your sound: Country pop
- Who inspires you: Luke Combs, HARDY, Morgan Wallen, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Elvis, Green Day
- Dream duet partner: Luke Combs or Lauren Alaina
- First country concert: Hunter Hayes
- What songs do you like now on Country 102.5: anything by Luke Combs
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing:I would want to be a Firefighter
- Day Job: Student
- Most proud moment: having one of my songs be on the radio
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: getting the chance to go down to Nashville Tennessee and record some new music.
- Other things you like to do: play sports, hangout with friends, and play video games
- Fun facts: I love football, pizza, and the lake
- Mantra: “If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” -Elon Musk
Liam Coleman Network
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org