Meet Jared Micéal from Boston
This is the story of a Jersey boy who came to Boston to test his wings, and is now ready to soar in Nashville. Don’t be misled by Berklee College of Music student Jared Micéal’s youthful appearance. The words, the voice, the way he plays tell another story. A story of experience and a seasoned soul. And there is definitely a soulfulness in this talented artist. From the time he was in kindergarten there was a eagerness to be a musician. He picked up the drum sticks, and never put them down.
Now, armed with the tools he learned at Berklee, and a vehicle full of musical tools, Jared is ready to be heard. (Thankfully you can hear him here, and now)
Jared and his road trip companion and guitarist, Doug stopped by the Country 1025 studios before hitting the road to play a couple of originals.
“Long Hot Summer”
- From: River Vale, New Jersey
- Now lives in: Boston, Massachusetts but moving to Nashville!
- What lead you to music: My parents are what got me into music … they taught me how to love music at a very young age and have supported me ever since
- How old when you started: I got my first drum set when I was five but apparently I’ve been singing since I could talk
- Instruments played: Drums, Acoustic Guitar and Vocals
- How would you describe your sound: I would say early 2000’s country because I listened to all of that when I was young and even now I still do
- Who inspires you: Keith Urban, Darius Rucker, Jason Aldean, Vince Gill, Rascal Flatts, Alison Krauss
- All- time favorite country song: “Alright” – Darius Rucker, “Flyover States” – Jason Aldean, “There’s Your Trouble” – Dixie Chicks
- Favorite country concert: Rascal Flatts on their Rewind tour at the PNC Bank Arts Center in New Jersey
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: I’ve been getting more and more into Jason Aldean and it’s always cool to hear throwbacks like “She’s Country”
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: This is it, I don’t see myself doing anything else
- Most proud moment: When I release music I always feel proud to finally get out the product I’ve been working on for so long!
- Craziest thing that ever happened …either performing or meeting a fan or in your music career: A huge company is in the process of endorsing me for drumming … unfortunately I’m not aloud to talk about this yet because it is still in the process but it is by far the craziest thing that’s ever happened in my career
- Other things you like to do: I’m a huge soccer nerd and I’m always down for a BBQ
- Fun facts: I love home cooked turkey chili. I’m a pretty good football kicker (I discovered that senior year of high school). I once played the same event as Jason Aldean…that was pretty cool!
- Favorite quote: Most recent favorite quote was from an Uber driver Chuck about my music career … “Make it happen…”
More On Micéal
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing email@example.com