What You CAN and CAN’T Bring To The Esplanade on July 4th
The Mass State Police posted these 2 lists today. The first is a list of items that you are allowed to bring. The second is one of things you need to leave at home if you’re planning to celebrate the 4th on The Esplanade in Boston next week.
From coolers to grills, tents to chairs… here’s what is ok and not ok to bring to the festivities in Boston this year.
1. Pop up Tents/Canopies with no sides, maximum size 10′ x 10′.
2. Blankets or tarps no bigger than 10′ x 10′.
3. Folding/beach chairs only.
4. Coolers carried by shoulder strap or single handle (no wheels).
1. Coolers on wheels.
3. Firearms, weapons, sharp objects.
5. Glass containers.
7. Pre-mixed beverages.
8. Plastic containers over two liters and non-transparent plastic containers. All liquids must be carried in sealed, clear plastic containers two liters or smaller.
9. Grills, propane tanks, open flames.
11. Alcoholic beverages
12. Bicycles in the Oval and Island/Lagoon areas. (Bicycles are allowed throughout the rest of the venue but must not be left unattended. Bicycles attached or locked to fences, poles or other objects are subject to removal.
13. Drones/unmanned aerial vehicles.
Massachusetts State Police also ask you to report anything suspicious. You can text anything that seems off to you to 226787. In the message, first type MSPTIPS, a space, then start your message.