Meet Rory Scott From Laconia, NH
Rory Scott’s voice tells a story. It’s the story of a musician who’s talent and drive has made him a road warrior, and a sought after artist. There’s a gravel, but it’s easy to take… smooth, in fact. To use a popular country music analogy; it’s like whiskey, at first you think it’s rough, but it sure goes down easy. Scott’s confident and soulful performance of his impassioned lyrics have made him a favorite entertainer around New England for years.
And to think it all started in the military where he was asked to call cadence. That’s where he found his voice. Over the years that voice has take Rory to stages opening for national touring acts like Darius Rucker, Brett Eldredge, Brothers Osborne and Rodney Atkins!
Rory Scott, and his guitarist Rick, paid us a visit this week to play a couple of originals.
Here’s a single Rory has released called, “She’s With Me.”
“Get Me Drunk” is currently being considered by a signed Nashville artist. Check it out!
The Scoop On Scott
- Grew up in: Penacook, NH
- Now lives in: Laconia NH
- What lead you to music: In boot Camp I was “volunteered” to participate in a talent show and won, and was elected to be the cadence caller during marches for the company.
- How old when you started: 17
- Instruments played: Acoustic guitar
- How would you describe your sound: If Dylan Scott, Brett Eldredge, Blake Shelton, and Chris Stapleton all had a song baby.. that would probably describe my sound. I have a love for the storytelling of classic country and I also really enjoy the blended rhythms and syncopations of today’s country music
- Who inspires you: My mother is who I always think of when I need inspiration
- If you are a band, how did you get your name: It was a group decision to make my name the band name. All the original members of the band were of Italian decent except myself so we also considered Linguine Cowboys. In retrospect we probably made the best decision lol!
- Awards/accolades: 2011 NH Country Music Association: Male Entertainer of the Year, 2011 NH Country Music Association: Male Vocalist of the Year, 2011 Northeast Invitational Showdown: Male Vocalist of the Year, 2012 North American Country Music Association International:National New Country Male Entertainer of the Year, 2014 NEMA Nominee
- All- time favorite country songs: Not Fair too many to choose… probably Keith Whitley- When she Says nothing at All or the Dance by Garth Brooks
- Favorite country concert: Eric Church.. he puts on an amazing show
- Current Country 1025 favorites: just to name a couple favorites..Beer Never Broke My Heart, Some of it, Living, Whiskey Glasses, The ones who didn’t make it back home
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Wondering why I never became a musician
- Day Job: Contractor
- Most proud moment: Becoming a father
- Craziest thing that has ever happened in your music career: Ummm… I’ll leave to your imagination, probably better to let what happens at the show stays at the show lol…!
- Other things you like to do: Staying in shape, volunteering for Veterans benefits, Huge Movie fan, binge watching( who doesn’t right)
- 3 Fun facts: 1. I’ve watched Rocky III over 15 times beginning to end. 2. I drove a tugboat on the Cooper River in Charleston, SC during Hurricane Hugo. 3. I can eat a gallon of ice cream without getting sick
- Mantra: If it hurts it means you’re still alive, so embrace the pain
Rory On The Road
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org